When I was about 15 years old, I won an ‘Ace of Base’ CD at our local Youth Fair – remember them?! I was obsessed! Then a couple of years ago I won tickets for ‘Disney On Ice’ for the family – so fun. I know my winning track record is rather small, however receiving this nomination from Magic In The Everyday has been the cherry to my night – gracias! If you haven’t checked her blog, you must!
Here’s what the nomination entails.
⇒ Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
⇒ Tell your readers three things about yourself
⇒ Nominate 5 bloggers you feel deserve the award (modifying this because I don’t have as much time to pursue blogs as I wish I did!)
⇒ Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one
⇒ Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Three Things About Me:
1. I married a man I didn’t think would be the one I’d marry but life has a way of changing and I always remember, ‘when we make plans, God laughs.’ He’s a Marine veteran who’s seen his fair share and we have six wonderful little’s.
2. I have Chiari 1 Malformation and Syringomyelia, two very rare illness’ that as a result cause me chronic pain, every single day. You can read more of my story here After going through two of the most high risk surgeries, I decided to slow down and be present. I’ve learned to be honest with myself and no longer push my body more than it should.
3. Because I’ve had life altering diagnosis followed by unexpected emergency surgeries, I now try to be the best version of myself, because tomorrow is filled with the unknown.
‘Magic In The Everyday’ Questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I would live in Nicaragua. The situation at this moment is very unfortunate and I pray that it gets better for the sake of the people. My first semester of college was in Ave Maria College, what is now Keiser University – Latin American Campus, located in San Marcos, Nicaragua. Although my reasons for going were not only to experience living in my country but also out of pure spontaneity. It taught me to live a more simpler, more humble life and to surround myself with the people I love and things that bring me joy. If not Nicaragua because of the current state the country is in, anywhere life isn’t so fast paced, where we can stop to enjoy the simpler things in life. That would be dreamy. Now, if only I can convince the husband to make this move….to be continued!
2. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Other than cow tongue – it’s a traditional Nicaraguan dish, I would be the wrong person to try new foods with! I know, sushi and myself just aren’t friends. I’m all about Latin foods and anything sweet – Raspados Loly’s. If you’re ever in the mood for any Latin foods, definitely try ‘Fritanga.’ They’re Nicaraguan restaurants that offer typical foods, it includes fried cheese with plantains and our ‘gallo pinto,’ it’s a mix of beans and rice. Delicious, you won’t be disappointed!
3. What is your dream?
Because I’m a mom, I dream to be here on earth long enough to see my son’s and daughter’s grow – if they choose, to know they’ve chosen a spouse that they love and loves them in return, to see them walking down the isle into the arms of the one they love, would be a privilidge to witness. That they grow and continue to be followers of God, good citizens, content and proud of where they come from.
4. What is one of your weird quirks?
Although not having been properly diagnosed, I can take organization to the next level. I’m also a planner. I have to have things in order, in my pantry the foods have to be facing the same way, I clean, every single day and I buy things in even numbers! Hence why I don’t do groceries too often. And if one of my little’s birthday is coming up say in two weeks, I’ll start planning for it today, even if it’s just our inmate family celebrating the occasion. It’s both a blessing and a curse, I accept this and handle it with lots of patience.
5. In your opinion, what is the best Disney movie of all time?
Well, Beauty and The Beast – the original, of course! My heart still skips a beat when I now sit with my very own children to watch this film. Belle is my alter ego, her love for books, for her family – her father and the kindness and patience she demonstrats towards the Beast. She didn’t accept the way others treated him for being different and she stayed when others ran, what is there not to love?! I was so young when this film came out but she stole my heart almost instantly, with her soft spoken voice and her inner and outer beauty. A little fun fact, I can recite everyone’s lines in the film.
I Am Maurina
An Historian About Town
My Li’l Place
1. Where did you last travel to?
2. How long have you been blogging and how do you keep yourself motivated to continue to do what you started?
3. What TV show are you currently following?
4. What hidden talent do you have?
5. Say, you could be invisible for just one day, being able to travel anywhere and be in places without being seen, where would you go?
I’m excited to see your responses, please do it the comments or in a Mystery Blogger post of your own!