A few years ago, I changed our laundry detergent and bath soaps to make them clean and clear, so that they were safer for the kids that have sensitive skin due to Eczema. So, this year my plan was to remove the chemicals and begin using toxin free and natural cleaning products. This can be intimidating, one because I don’t know anyone that has gone natural with their cleaning products and two, it needed to budget friendly. Also, don’t feel intimidated by any of it, it can all seem overwhelming – but it’s so simple! I took the first step and made the change, I changed our hand soaps, dish soaps and cleaning products using Grove Collaborative.
Grove Collaborative offers personal care products, cleaning products, laundry products that are essential oil based, they’re strong products yet natural – some products even being gluten free. Also, if you love candles, the safest are made from soy and beeswax, these reduce allergies and toxins in the home – Grove has soy. They offer brands such as Mrs. Meyer’s, Seventh Generation, Method, Natracare, Tom’s, Yes To, Dr. Brooner’s, Burt’s Bees and Acure – to name a few! If you’re interested in gluten free products be sure to read the ingredients before making your purchase. They have microfiber cloths for scrubbing and getting surfaces clean, as well as walnut sponges. Which can replace the use of paper towels when cleaning. As for laundry, I stopped using dryer sheets and fabric softener, instead replaced them with wool dryer balls. The more wool dyer balls you have in the dryer, the less drying time. You can use 3 or even 6 at a time! Also, sprinkle some essential oils on the wool dryer balls, it’ll leave your clothes smelling great. Just replace the dryer balls when necessary – if you haven’t tried these, you must! They have a glass spray with silicon bottom where you can pour in the cleaning concentrates, just top with water and you’re all set to clean! It’s a set of three concentrates, one for tub, tile and an all purpose.
I’d say that the Mrs. Meyer’s scent in Peony is my absolute favorite, but the Lavender glass cleaner did not disappoint. The Lavender from Method is also another great scent!
My favorite products thus far are:
• Mrs. Meyer’s Glass Cleaner (Lavender)
• Mrs. Meyer’s Hand Soap (Peony)
• Mrs. Meyer’s Dish Soap (Peony)
• Mrs. Meyer’s Multi-Surface Cleaner (Peony)
• 2-pack Microfiber Cloths
• Grove Collaborative White Tray
• Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes (Lemongrass Citrus)
• Method Dish Soap (Lavender)
• Set of 3 – Grove Collaborative Dryer Balls & Lavender Essential Oil Set
• Grove Collaborative Glass Spray Bottle With Silicon Sleeve
If you have kids or not, and just interested in making your home as toxin free as possible using chemical free and natural products, give them a try! Just click on Grove Collaborative then on the ‘Get Started’ option, you will receive a free 5 piece set of Mrs. Meyer’s products with your purchase – in the scent of your choice! This link has no expiration date – feel free to share if you’d like.
Hope you enjoy your free products and let me know which scents you have tried or will try and recommend!
* Some of my blog posts contain affiliate links, which means that by clicking on the item AND making a purchase I may receive a small commission at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. I do not recommend products that I do not already own and love or would not use on myself or my family. I thank you in advance for supporting brands that support me!