I can not be anymore excited about this … I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the amazing writer/blogger over at Reveuse!!!! Mahee please know I can not thank you enough for thinking about this little blog that could. I’m both humbled and thankful for this nomination. Your writing is both lovely as it is uplifting and I hope that you continue to inspire others the way you inspire me.
About the Award
The Liebster is an award given to new and upcoming blogs, as nominated by fellow bloggers, in order to give exposure and foster a community of recognition and appreciation. The award was first implemented in 2011, and has been in place each year since.
The official rules for 2018 are as follows, and can be found in entirety on the blog The Global Aussie, at https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/
Rules — Overviews
⇒ Link to official rules blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
⇒ Answer the questions given to you (11)
⇒ Create more questions for your nominees to answer (11)
⇒ Comment on the official rules blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster Award nomination post.
⇒ Entries start 1st of Jan 2018 and ends on the 25th Dec 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Answer the questions you were asked.
• Share 10 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate at least 3 blogs for the award.
• Ask your nominees 10 questions and inform them of the nomination.
Facts About Me
1. I love to bake – anything from birthday cakes to cupcakes to brownies to chocolate chip / sugar cookies to flan and I also love to try new recipes – however, I will not eat my own baking creations
need like to be in control
3. I’m impatient with people that talk in circles ultimately wanting to feed me BS – honesty is key
4. I’m a stickler with time and appreciate people that arrive on time
5. I love to laugh! And appreciate good mom jokes 🙂
6. Would choose white chocolate over any other candy – is chocolate considered candy?!
7. I love a good sale!
8. My favorite color is money green … just kidding
no I’m not just green!
9. Obsessed with Disney movies and can watch them on repeat without a problem … did I mention I have little ones 🙂
10. I DO NOT, I mean DO NOT like scary movies such as the Shining or movies with underwater scenes such as Jaws. I love a good funny movie such as The Hangover
Questions and My Answers
1. Why did you start writing your blog? After going back and forth for a few years out of fear of the unknown but passionate about my own journey with Chiari 1 Malformation + Syringomyelia, I finally did it! I want to raise awareness on Chiari and only hope to connect with others living with the same illness.
2. Do you believe in God? Yes – He’s the reason I’m here today! Yes I am weak, I have my moments where I doubt His presence in my life because of what I live with, however as today’s gospel from Matthew 28:16-20 said, ‘I am with you always, to the very end of age.’ No, I didn’t know that by heart, I had to go back and get that for you! 🙂 I underwent very risky and life changing surgeries that could have put me six feet under. I am positive I am here for a reason(s), why, I can’t quite put my finger on that but I can only hope to be humble enough to understand why one day.
3. What’s your favorite cuisine? Thai
4. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset
5. Which was the happiest moment in your life? I’ll choose moments – my little one’s births. No book, no movie, not listening to others experiences, absolutely nothing can prepare you for the birth of your child. I’ve had them via cesarean and that first cry, that first meeting between baby and mother is breath taking. I have no words and can only pray you experience it for yourself.
6. Define yourself in one word. Dreamer
7. What’s your favorite book? The one book that I can remember that had me wanting to read it again, is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I read it when I was young and I was immediately drawn to it.
8. What’s your favorite quote? ‘You’ve got to put your past behind you’ – Timon, The Lion King. So simple, yet it’s better said than done. If achieved though, I believe it can really be the only freeing thing you can do for yourself.
9. If you are given 10000000 cash what would you do? Cash, wow, not even a check?! Nice! Ha! OK, I’d buy that purse I’ve been eyeing, travel and eat yummy food
10. What’s the thing that you hate the most? People that complain! And whine!
11. What’s the best quality that you see in your best friend? Please don’t feel bad or sorry or anything remotely close to that, but I do not have a ‘best friend.’ Maybe I used to, say in high school, not sure. But I believe people come and go from your life for many different reasons, so to give someone a title like ‘best friend,’ personally is setting too high of expectations on one being and ultimately resulting in me being disappointed. However, a quality(s) I best admire in friends are honesty, faithful/trusting and dependability.
1. Why did you start writing your blog?
2. Do you believe in God?
3. What’s your favorite cusine?
4. Sunrise or Sunset?
5. Which was the happiest moment in your life?
6. Define yourself in one word.
7. What’s your favorite book?
8. What’s your favorite quote?
9. If you are given 10000000 cash what would you do?
10. What’s the thing that you hate the most?
11. What’s the best quality that you see in your best friend?
Nominees, I appreciate your love for writing and continue to admire it in every one of your posts. Enjoy!