I know it’s not Friday, but hey, “better late than never!” And I couldn’t pass on this great challenge sent to me by the amazing blogger over at Sparkkling Thoughts. She writes on all things inspirational and positivity. Thank you again Kranti for thinking of me, please know that I think you are an exceptional blogger/writer.
1. Thank the nominator
2. Answer questions 1 through 19
3. Nominate three bloggers of your choice and notify them.
4. Each selected blogger MUST answer 16 of the asked 19 questions, but also insert 3 new questions to make up the 19 compliment. Every time a new blogger is selected they MUST only answer 16 of the asked 19 questions as well as answer their own 3, and choose 3 new bloggers. Each time a new blogger sees the questionnaire it will be completely different to the next blogger along.
(Hint: delete three of the questions you don’t like or have no answer for and insert your own in its place)
5. Question 20 and question 14 must always remain intact.
1. Are you currently reading a book, if so what is it?
I hope to begin reading Girl On Fire – My Month Of Madness
2. Toast or cereal?
Toast – love the cinnamon with raisin bread! Great for breakfast.
3. Horror or comedy films
Comedy! Love love a good laugh.
4. Skinny dipping or mud wrestling?
Mud wrestling without the wrestling – hmm that would just be mud, anyway, have you seen those mud obstacle courses, those look fun!
5. What was your favorite sweet/candy as a kid?
Starburst Candy – especially loved the red ones.
6. Going to the party or the library what’s your preference?
Library! I’m the introvert that would prefer staying home and watch a movie.
7. What is your favorite tipple [drink]?
I was going to say, tipple who?! My go-to drink, if I were to drink, would be Jack Daniel’s and coke on ice.
8. If you were coming back as an animal which is the least you would like to return as BUT knowing your luck you just might? [Provide image]
My least favorite animal would be the snake. Eek! Don’t be fooled by the image below, they’re far from being this cute!
9. Choice weapon for survival during the zombie invasion?
Not sure about this one – zombie repellent, is there such thing?!
10. Which is that final destination or goal you’re aiming at and want to achieve no matter what?
My goal currently is to not be afraid to aim high. As a stay at home mom, I often don’t think things are currently ‘achievable’ because of the children’s needs being my priority. However, I’ve made baby steps since the beginning of this year to not forget about myself. I finally decided to take a leap of faith and begin this blog AND just recently teamed up with a company where I am using my ‘artistic/design’ passion to good use by designing for their merchandise – haven’t come too far but baby steps. I may not have all the time in the world and I can give you six good reasons why, but I do want to make good use of my time. So, it’s a win for now! If you’re thinking of doing something, do it, because you can and you will! We all have to start somewhere – it often begins with a dream.
11. OK, you are going to be shipwrecked on an island that has food and water, what three items would you need to have with you?
Wifi, toilet paper and good company.
12. Where would you like to be in 3 years time from now on?
I would love to still be blogging – am enjoying it immensely and also growing as a mother, learning to be a better mother than I was yesterday.
13. What music is currently your favorite? [Provide link]
I’m a firm believer that music somehow reflects your mood. And lets be honest, it’s difficult for me to be ‘up to date’ with whats current, however the last song I heard was a Spanish song by Carlos Baute y Marta Sanchez “Colgando En Tus Manos” awe-mazing song, I always appreciate beautifully written lyrics and this is one of them. The artists, he’s from Venezuela and she’s from Spain, the song is about two loves that can’t seem to find a way to put their love into words. And the only way they find is to tell each other “my heart hangs in your hands.”
14. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
The Power of Resilience
15. Which 3 questions will you be deleting to add your own in?
Not to add my own, but maybe delete numbers 4, 5 and 9 – sorry zombies!
16. What personal trait has gotten you in the most trouble?
When someone asks me for my opinion. I maybe don’t consider the other persons feelings and just say what I believe to be honesty. I’m not sure if asking my opinion entails saying the truth and being honest. Does it?! Ugh, so confusing! I once read here someone saying, ‘I’m not a baker, I don’t sugar coat things.’ HA, classic! So true, can I steal that line?! I just simply believe that if I were to be going through a difficult situation, I’d want you to be honest, tell me the truth when I am too blind to see it for myself. I think it can save me or avoid me getting into an even worse situation – I’d appreciate that.
17. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
Whoa, there’s a few! Let’s begin with growing the blog – as in growing my followers, yes, that can be a
headache task of its own. I’m trying not to look at the ‘numbers’ because it can really feel like trying to ‘keep up with the Joneses’ however, it’s hard not to ‘look.’ Lastly, the posts, the material, I try to keep in mind what I personally appreciate in a post – raw, authentic, honest and funny material. If you have any other frustrating aspects you’d like to add, let me know in the comments. I’d like to be a friend and share the frustration with you!
18. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Remind myself to breathe and to relax. Also, the good ‘ole ‘this, too, shall pass’ – it never gets old.
19. The three bloggers you are nominating are?
It’s that time again! To my four nominees, have fun with this one ladies, can’t wait to read your answers. They are …
Hope you have fun reading this Friday Challenge on a non-Friday.