I received this incredible recognition by James, he’s over at Myplace3187. I’m a relatively new blogger and James is one of the first bloggers that I began to follow, since then he’s been an amazing support for my page, as he has for me. Thank you James for it all and for this ‘Blogger Recognition Award.’
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your Award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to New Bloggers
- Select 15 or more bloggers for this award.
- Let each Nominee know you’ve Nominated them and leave a link to your post.
How I Started Blogging ….
There are a few reasons behind having started this blog, however the main one was bringing awareness to my illness – Chiari 1 Malformation + Syringomyelia. It’s a congenital condition in which the brain tissue extends into the spinal canal. There are 1 in 1,000 people living with this rare condition. The great news – since I started this blog, I’ve connected with so many wonderful fellow ‘Chiarians.’ Although it isn’t a walk in the park, to feel their strength and support is what I’ve been wanting – to connect with those that are walking in my shoes. They are the reasons for this blog.
I’m also often called mom by six tiny humans and wife by a Marine veteran. So, here you will find a glimpse of my life, all that’s in between and my life with chronic pain.
Two Pieces of Advice For New Bloggers ….
- Definitely try not look at your stats – says the one that just looked at her stats! I know it’s hard, I know it’s there, I know numbers ‘don’t lie’ however those numbers will break you on a bad day. Keep focused, have patience and the rest will follow.
- Have a good thing ‘going’?! Don’t be afraid to monetize from your blog. Yes, I love to blog, I enjoy writing and if you have been a follower of mine, you’ve noticed that I have three days out of the week where I will absolutely try my best to blog because it helps me keep myself on track. My life is a bit busy so I appreciate a good schedule. However, with that said, blogging is a lot of work, hours, at times researching and overall time consuming! Shocker, I know! So, if you love what you’re doing, you’re spending countless – perhaps hours a week, preparing a post, I say, bring on the money! Look into getting paid for doing what you love. As a stay at home mom, this blog has been the first thing – besides my my online store, to get my focus away from the home. So, if we can incorporate our ‘work’ and passion or love, and find an opportunity to monetize off it, I say, try it – do it! I’m still trying to get there, it’s definitely a slow process but it’s a process none the less. As they say, ‘you never know until you try.’ Is profiting off your blog something you’re doing or thought of doing – I’d like to know your thoughts on that. Thanks in advance!
My Nominees Are:
To my nominees, know that I enjoy your blog and that I appreciate you!