Birthdays when you are a parent become a little different, they mean ….
• Reminding your kids when your birthday is
• Reminding your kids that today is your birthday
• You can choose to go out and enjoy your birthday as a family outside the home, only, you’ll be the one paying
• Kids love to decorate for birthdays, only, you’ll have to do the decorating for your own birthday
• If the kids get sick on your day, know that your birthday is automatically postponed/canceled by default – I know, don’t they have the best timing!
Feel free to add your own bullet points in the comment section!
I will be the first to admit that birthday’s are different when you’re a parent. Yes, the joys and extra love of being a parent on your birthday is undeniably amazing. But there are other realities too, I’d say, even more so when the kids are still little. Like, for instance, you’ll be reminding your little ones of when your birthday is weeks in advance, because this doesn’t seem egotistic – not at all, or that my lovely man of a husband in regards of the purchasing gifts department, well, let’s just say that isn’t his forte. So, in our years – not too many, of marriage we’ve come to an unspoken agreement that, I would buy my own gifts. Before you go on and feel sorry for me, don’t, thank you, but don’t! Because I’ve really come to appreciate myself in getting exactly what I want. There’s got to be some advantages of being the birthday girl while the children are still little!
And Happiest of Birthday to the rest of my fellow Scorpios, may your days be filled with blessing and much laughter!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!