I couldn’t pass this day without sharing another great blogger and an even greater post! If I may remind you, Jubilee and I collaborated in creating Dear 15 Year Old Me Tag – if you haven’t read that, you must and if you’d like to participate – please do!
This post touched my heart and touched ‘home.’ I know this isn’t an issue women face, but something that both men and women struggle with – weight. The topic of weight, weight loss, weight gain, is a serious topic and one that needs a greater voice. As a teen I had image issues, I’m a Spanish girl and with that comes areas of my body that as a teen I refused to accept. Therefore, in return I made it my mission to do everything possible to lose weight. It was a downward spiral, vicious and dangerous. I went as far as using laxatives to lose the weight. Thankfully, this horrible routine didn’t last long. Today I’m in a better place, I remind myself that this body has incubated, nourished, and carried six healthy babies. And no, I’m no where near a size 2, but my family, my babies don’t see their mama in numbers but rather see her with love. They will love me as a size 2 or 20 all the days of my life.
I killed my scale(with a hammer to be exact). Extreme? Maybe. Necessary for me? Absolutely. How It Started In the past, I have shared my process of o… 1,021 more words
via I Killed My Scale (And Took Back My Life) — Everyday Magic With Jubilee
I’ve been nominated for this award by the ever so strong and wonderful James over at My Place 3187. This is my first ‘Versatile Blogger Award’ and am beyond excited, so thank you again James for thinking of me.
- Thank the blogger who Nominated you for this Award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 Bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate these 15 Bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Let each of your Nominees know that you have Nominated them on one of their blog posts.
- Finally, tell the blogger who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Seven Things About Myself:
- This is a BIG one – ready?! My name is Ana not Chiari
- I don’t like chocolate – but do enjoy other desserts and treats
- I have six little’s – no twins, you read right, six (Enlgish), seis (Spanish), sei (Italian)
- I’m fluent in English and Español
- I know my numbers in Italiano – only, I tried
- I was diagnosed in 2013 with Chiari Malformation + Syringomyelia a congenital condition and brain disorder, I’ve had brain surgery for Chiari Malformation (decompression craniectomy) and in 2017 spinal canal surgery for Syringomyelia (laminectomy) – was placed a syrinx-shunt
- I have a YouTube Channel – simple and easy nail polish tutorials
Bonus: I enjoy all types of music – including country … my current replay / favorite Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line ‘Meant To Be’ – so good!
My Nominees Are:
Bereaved Single Dad
All The Shoes I Wear
Cole Camp Fire Blog
The Eclectic Contrarian
Something To Stu Over
Everyday Magic With Jubilee
Fight MS Daily
Simply Chronically Ill
My Namaste 365 Online
A sweet thank you to all my nominees, I always enjoy your posts and look forward to reading ‘seven things’ about you all!