Thank you to the very witty and lovely blogger Sean over at The Land Manatee – if you haven’t read his responses, you must! Because who wouldn’t want to be sipping on some ‘Cuba Libre’ otherwise known as ‘una mentirita’ or ‘little lie’ while trying to decide whether to travel to Italy or Greece?!
About the Sunshine Blogger Award:
This award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who feel they display positivity, creativity, and sunshine via their content. It’s an honor to be recognized by your colleagues and peers. It keeps the motivation high which is essential in the writing community.
The Rules For the Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Inform your nominees through commenting on their post.
Sean’s Questions for His Nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
To shed some light on Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia.
2. What have you learned along the way and how have you improved as a blogger?
Consistency is key. Also, connecting with your subscribers, being able to answer to the comments is appreciated.
3. What’s a challenge in life you overcame?
Lack of self-confidence. I’ve realized that you’ll never truly make others happy. Because when others are unhappy with themselves, they’ll find a reason to put you down, no matter what you do. So, I’ve learned to overcome and stop trying to make others like me and have gained self-confidence along the way.
4. Who has been a big influence on your life?
Because I live with chronic pain, I’ve learned to look up and not down. In other words, Jesus.
5. Do you have a hidden talent? If not, what do you wish it was?
I like Sean’s answer to number 9 – patience, God knew what He was doing when He sent me my little ones, it’s not always easy, but definitely worth it.
6. Where would you like to be in your life in 5 years?
I’d love to move somewhere in the Orlando area. We’re Disney Annual Pass Holders and can’t get to Disney World as many times as we’d like – even living just a few hours away.
7. What would your dream job be and why?
It’d be something in the legal field. I was working in the legal field before becoming a full time stay at home mom, and my heart loves the legal world.
8. How would you describe your perfect day?
No medicines and a pain free day!
9. If you decided to move to a new country or city, where would you want to live and why?
Somewhere in the Orlando area, close to the Disney World parks. I’d like to take advantage while my kids are still little.
10. What famous person or celebrity at any point in history would you like to meet and what would you want to talk about or ask that person?
I would love to meet this super star – in my eyes, Keala Settle from the movie “The Greatest Showman.” The song “This Is Me” has become an anthem in my heart and I’d love to let her know just that, ” … I’m not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me.”
If you haven’t seen the movie, or heard this amazing woman sing, I share this clip with you below.
11. In what fundamental way have you changed over the years?
A health diagnosis in 2013 changed me – for the better or worse, I’m still trying to figure that out, but it’s definitely helped me appreciate today.
My Questions for My Nominees:
(taken from Sean)
- Why did you start blogging?
- What have you learned along the way and how have you improved as a blogger?
- What’s a challenge in life you overcame?
- Who has been a big influence on your life?
- Do you have a hidden talent? If not, what do you wish it was?
- Where would you like to be in your life in 5 years?
- What would your dream job be and why?
- How would you describe your perfect day?
- If you decided to move to a new country or city, where would you want to live and why?
- What famous person or celebrity at any point in history would you like to meet and what would you want to talk about or ask that person?
- In what fundamental way have you changed over the years?
Thank you in advance to all my nominees!