This has been insane! It’s been pouring awards around my neck of the woods and I’m deeply humbled :: insert happy face here :: Wendi over at Simply Chronically Ill has the best timing! I’ve had a challenging day, between going to the hospital for biopsy of my thyroid and leaving my kids behind telling them mommy is OK, I’ll be right back. There’s nothing like coming home and knowing that Wendi has nominated my blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award. You and your blog friend are amazing and I thank you for thinking of me! If you haven’t been to Wendi’s blog you must!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS…
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions For Me:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging awards?
To know that a fellow blogger has thought of me enough to consider and nominating me for an award that would have otherwise been given to someone else. The feeling is incredible!
2. If you were a sports car which one would you want to be and why?
I have no idea about sports cars however, growing up with an older brother, he loved to watch two things, soccer games and NASCAR – we were huge fans of Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon. That’s as close to a sports car as I’ll get.
3. If you could only eat one color of food for a week, what color would it be?
Green, I love vegetables and a good salad, the one with the croutons, cheese, bacon and all that good stuff!
4. What is your favorite movie line and why?
It would have to be from ‘Jerry Maguire’ when Jerry says, ‘Hello. I’m looking for my wife. Alright. If this is where is has to happen, then this is where it has to happen. I’m not letting you get rid of me. How about that?’ and then Dorothy replies, ‘Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello.’ I mean HELLO ?! Can it get anymore cheesy and romantic and sad and adorable?! I love it!
5. If you had to leave your house and take only 10 things with you (excluding all living beings) what would they be?
Excluding the 7 other obvious living beings of mine, OK. I’d say, my journal, my phone, my computer, my bible (because I don’t know where we’d be going and I just may need to do some heavy praying), money (because, you know, we’ll get hungry), food (just in case there isn’t any food to buy – I’m prepared!), my washer and dryer, car and ALL birth certificates just in case someone doubts all these kids are actually mine! Because, yes, it happens to me. all. the. time!
6. Describe yourself in two words.
1) Sick – always! ugh, I have Chiari + Syringomyelia and it comes with a lot of chronic pain and 2) listener – great listener
7. What is one sporting activity that you enjoy watching?
Gymnastics, these girls are so talented, it’s amazing – they’re amazing!
8. If you could give one piece of advice for all the world to hear what would it be?
To have more compassion for others, not to be so dismissive of others feelings, to be a little nicer. Be nice, say hello, you never know what others are going through.
“Be an encourager, the world has enough critics already”
9. What is your favorite encouraging quote?
There are a few but some are, “Train yourself to find the blessing in everything,” “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds. – James 1:2
“The pain that you’ve been feeling, can’t compare to the joy that’s coming” – Romans 8:18
10. If you had to learn a made up language, which one would you choose and why?
I think I would always want to be fully understood – I wouldn’t make anything up from anything that’d prevent us from getting there.
11. If you were to learn to play an instrument which one would you choose?
I would learn to play the piano. I grew up listening to classical music – growing up my mother always put Ludwig Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Johann Bach and I was also fortunate enough to work at a law firm that often gave me tickets to the ballet for free. Thanks to mami for introducing to classical music.
Questions For My Nominees (thank you Wendi I’ll be borrowing these):
- What is your favorite thing about blogging awards?
- If you were a sports car which one would you want to be and why?
- If you could only eat one color of food for a week, what color would it be?
- What is your favorite movie line and why?
- If you had to leave your house and take only 10 things with you (excluding all living beings) what would they be?
- Describe yourself in two words.
- What is one sporting activity that you enjoy watching?
- If you could give one piece of advice for all the world to hear what would it be?
- What is your favorite encouraging quote?
- If you had to learn a made up language, which one would you choose and why?
- If you were to learn to play an instrument which one would you choose?
Smiling Through The Pain
Magic In The Everyday
A Voice From Iran
To my nominees, please know that I enjoy your blog and think you are amazing! I hope to read your answers soon! Enjoy 😊