Hey everyone, how exciting to know I got nominated by the very talented blogger over at All Things Alexyss, she’s a makeup artist, writes about makeup, fashion and lifestyle – stop by her blog and say hello! Thank you Alexyss for the nomination, I appreciate it!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the post and link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you
- List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
- Write a new list of 11 questions for your nominees
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award
Questions from All Things Alexyss:
1. How did you first get into blogging?
I got into blogging, I believe in February of this year. After years of contemplating as to whether or not to do it, having a passion for writing but not believing I can do blogging, I finally gave it a go! And here we are. My main focus is to spread awareness for Chiari Malformation + Syringomyelia it’s a rare congenital neurological disorder – phew! That’s a mouth full, yes, it’s definitely a fun task to have to explain this to people.
2. What motivates and inspires you to write?
As my therapist put it oh so nicely, it’s free therapy! Yes, I agree. I get to write about things from my family to things that interest me. If I don’t write about Chiari, it’s because I find myself in denial at times not wanting to face the music, not wanting to accept things, however when I do, it’s a release. Chiari can be like the ‘ole ball and chain, just following me, slowing me down and trying to get me to the lowest of the lows.
3. What is your favorite season/weather and why?
Summer. Although it’s technically Hurricane Season in Florida, Summer is when the kids are home from school, they can spend more time with the little ones without the rush of homework and other things that get in the way during regular school days.
4. If you had the opportunity to travel anywhere and stay where would you go?
How relaxing does Fiji sound?! To lay by the clear blue waters, having some coconut water, enjoying the nice view, the breeze and stay on those over-water bungalows, yes please!
5. If you could start over in life would you change anything?
I wouldn’t choose to start my life over. I know the ending of some events in my life brought me great sadness, like the end of relationships or initial diagnosis of my illness. But all that is inevitable. Things happen where either you learn from them, you learn through time to accept them, you keep them in your heart, but never allow them to hold you back from anything. From moving forward. My diagnosis was bound to come into my life sooner or later, and I think it’s best to always know, go to your doctor and know what’s wrong. So that then you can take the necessary steps to get you on the right track.
6. What is the one makeup product you cannot live without?
My OLAY Moisturizer have used it for years and haven’t nor would I trade it for any other.
7. What is your #1 passion in life? Why?
I think it’s more like my mission in life. And that is to raise good people, good citizens and followers of Jesus. The Lord has granted me the blessing and privileged to care for the children that He’s sent to me. I struggle daily, I do something that shows the impatient mother in me, but He always has enough mercy for me to give me another day to make things right.
8. What are the three things you would bring with you on a desert island?
OK, this list is way too short, can we group my tribe aka family in one?! Thank you! 1. Familia 2. my phone because Lord knows if the tribe will be bored and 3. food because there’s always someone hungry around these parks, always!
9. If you were going to college right now what would you major in?
Criminal Justice. I’ve loved law since I first started to work in a law firm at about 16 years old and my heart just fell in love with it. I’m an artist by trait, but love law.
10. Favorite quote?
I love many but if I can apply one for today, it would be …
‘If life changes to be harder, change yourself to be stronger’
So, incredibly true, we can’t change life, the things, the breakups, the heartaches, the diagnosis that have been dealt to us, but we change our perspective.
11. Favorite genre of food?
I love Thai food. So, yummy – some of my favorite dishes are Tom Yum Gung – the lemongrass with mushrooms is delicious, Pad Thai and for dessert, not exactly an authentic dessert from Thailand, it was introduced by the Thai restaurants in America and labeled “Thai Donuts.” You must try these small fluffy biscuits drizzled with sweet condensed milk, so savory! This must be what those white fluffy things floating in sky taste like, it just must!
My Li’l Place
Simply Chronically Ill
Questions: I’m going to borrow these from Alexyss because they were great! Thank you Alexyss!
- How did you first get into blogging?
- What motivates and inspires you to write?
- What is your favorite season/weather and why?
- If you had the opportunity to travel anywhere and stay where would you go?
- If you could start over in life would you change anything?
- What is the one makeup product you cannot live without?
- What is your #1 passion in life? Why?
- What are the three things you would bring with you on a desert island?
- If you were going to college right now what would you major in?
- . Favorite quote?
- . Favorite genre of food?
To my nominees, I hope you know that I love your blog and that I think you are amazing! I look forward to reading your answers.
Have a wonderful night!